FOUNDATION / PRACTITIONER
PRINCE2® is a mature methodology that saves time through standardization and provides a process based road map for the project manager. The step by step method benefits from over30 years of development in 1000s of projects worldwide.
For the management level, PRINCE2 is business case driven and free to use and it’s front loaded approach ensures that the project is viable and worthwhile before even an idea can proceed to a project.
PRINCE2® delivers Quality and Compliance by using product based planning and controlled change over baselined products and can integrate quality and compliance standards such as ISO or SOX.
PRINCE2® can form part of an organization’s overall Quality Management System. Next to that, each member of a PRINCE2® Project Management Team has a written role description specifying their responsibilities. This is done before the project even begins so that all team members understand their responsibilities.
- Develop an advanced, practical level of knowledge and understanding of project management and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful delivery of your projects.
- Clarify and be able to tailor different management styles to the situation needed for successfully deliver.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the Customer/business/supplier and the project management and give the business/customer/supplier on-going visibility into what is happening.
- Using PRINCE2® in your projects will give you common systems, procedures and language.
- PRINCE2® certification will give you the skills to feel confident in managing projects successfully.
- PRINCE2 encourages successful delivery of projects through a common approach for governance.
- PRINCE2 trained staff will also benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach to reporting which will save time and effort.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach and best practices rather than developing and integrating a company-specific project management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you manage projects and want to be able to apply a structured approach based on best practices
- you represent the business/customer/user in project and you want to maximize value for money
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your project managers with project management support, techniques and approaches based on best practices.
There are no pre-requisites to take the Foundation exam.
The PRINCE2® Foundation certification does not expire.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- A professional trainer that is certified in the method and applies it in his day-to-day work – no theoretical approach, but practical hands-on
- A binder including the training materials, case studies and exercises, a syllabus, and sample exams
- Case Overview
- Starting up a Project
- Exercise 1: Starting Up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Exercise 2
- Managing a stage boundary
- Controlling a stage
- Closing Exercise 3 Day 1
- Managing Product Delivery
- Directing a Project
- Closing a Project
- Exercise 4
- Business Case
- Exercise 5 Organization
- Closing Exercise 6 Day 2
- Exercise 7 Plans
- Exercise 8 Risk
- Final Exercise 9
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- There is no pre-course work for this training.
- There are no pre-requisites for attending this training. Some experience of working in projects is desirable.
- But it is expected that the delegates rehearse the material covered during a training day so that relevant questions can be asked at the beginning of each subsequent training day to ensure maximum benefits.
Project management does not have to be heavy! I started applying some of the practices immediately after the training and it went pretty well. I’m feeling way more comfortable with project management now.Julie B.
Very often small concepts that one can take up immediately.
And some important eye-openers such as the use of quality criteria for each of the deliverables.
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.