More and more organizations apply a form of structured project management. Only, a lot of them struggle with the role of the Project Board.
What can you expect from a Project Board? And what can the Project Board expect from the Project Manager?
This Directing a Project training provides a clear answer to those questions..
- Ensure successful delivery in terms of time, quality, budget and benefits realization.
- Develop a more advanced, applied level of knowledge to gain an understanding of the role of the Project Board, leading to successful projects
- Understand different project roles needed for successful projects
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the customer, business, and supplier and give on-going visibility into what is happening in the project
- Encourage successful delivery of projects through a common approach for governance
- Trained managers will also benefit from a shared and thoroughly understood language and approach
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach and best practices
- Achieve better communication and control over projects
- Developing professionalism in project board members and project managers
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you are part of a Project Board or Steering Committee and you need to understand what is expected from you and what you can expect from your Project Manager
- you are a Project Manager and need to understand what the Project Board is expecting from you and what you can expect from them
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your Project Board and Project Manager with adequate support for their specific role
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- A professional trainer that is certified in multiple project management methods and still applying these in his day-to-day work – no theoretical approach, but practical hands-on
- A binder including the training materials and a quick reference card on Directing a Project
The entire program takes 1 full course day.
Module 1: Key concepts
- Project management in the organizations
- Projects, programmes, and Business as usual
- Project management principles, themes and processes
Module 2: The Project Board
- The Project Organization structure
- Project Board overall duties and behaviour
Module 3: The Project Board during the project lifecycle
- The project lifecycle – overview
- Expected effort profile for the Project Board
- Directing a project – the details
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- There are no pre-requisites for attending this training. Some experience of working on projects is desirable.
- There is no pre-course work for this training
- There is no homework
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.