PRINCE2® has in the past – unjustified – received a label of being waterfall, bureaucratic and document centric.
In response to demands from the user community, PRINCE2 Agile brings an answer to this.
Applying the Tailoring principle from PRINCE2, PRINCE2 Agile provides structure, governance and control while working with agile concepts, methods and techniques.
PRINCE2 Agile is all about using PRINCE2® and Agile in the right place, combining them together until you have the perfect mixture and blend.
PRINCE2 Agile gives you the best of both worlds, allowing you to scale for complete control and good governance.
- A broad understanding of agile concepts and how these blend seamlessly into PRINCE2®
- Lets you scale PRINCE2 to your precise requirements
- Gives you control and good governance, flexibility and pragmatism
- Helps take your projects and working practices to another level of success and achievement
- Develops an advanced, practical level of knowledge and understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful delivery with agile projects.
- Improves time-to-market and increases project success rate while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Works with any established agile approach
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope.
- Your investment in PRINCE2® yields additional benefits thanks to PRINCE2 Agile.
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you want guidance on how to apply agile methods to PRINCE2®
- you manage projects and want to be able to apply an agile approach
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your project manager with agile support, techniques and approaches
For the PRINCE2 Agile practitioner exam a 5 question paper – objective test format of scenario and question booklet – is to be completed in 2.5 hours. 30 Marks are required to pass out of 50 available, i.e. 60%. The exam is open book.
In order to be allowed to take the practitioner exam, you need to hold one of the following certificates: PRINCE2 Foundation, PRINCE2 Practitioner, Project Management Professional® (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management® (CAPM), and IMPA Levels A,B,C and D® (Certified Projects Director).
Note: If you do not feel comfortable to take the exam immediately at the end of the training, you receive a voucher to take the exam within the year following the training.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- A professional trainer that is certified in the method and applies it in his day-to-day work – no theoretical approach, but practical hands-on
- The latest version of the handbook PRINCE2 Agile
- A binder including the training materials, case studies and exe
The entire program takes 3 full course days, including the exam.
- Blending PRINCE2® and agile together
- The Hexagon and MoSCoW
- Starting Up and Initiating a Project, Business Case, value assessment, Cynefin
- Requirements and User Stories
- Servant Leadership
- Principles and behaviours
- The Agilometer and Risk
- Managing Product Delivery, Scrum, Plans and Progress
- Quality and Definition of Done
- Controlling a Stage and Managing a Stage Boundary, Frequent releases and Retrospectives
- Directing a Project
- Closing a Project
- Management Products
- Kanban, Lean Start-Up
- PRINCE2 Agile Exam (optional)
- There is no pre-course work for this training.
- It is expected that all PRINCE2® concepts are known and understood.
- It is expected that delegates rehearse the material covered during a training day so that relevant questions can be asked at the beginning of the next day.
- You will receive a sample exam. It is recommended you take this test to get acquainted with the types of questions.
Looking for the ideal mix between the “bureaucratic” PRINCE2 and “chaotical” agile implementations brought me to the PRINCE2 Agile training. I found a very good translation from theory to practice. More importantly, it brought me a lot of solutions for the daily problems a project manager faces.Pieterjan Leemans
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.