FOUNDATION / PRACTITIONER
In order to most efficiently and effectively use the available corporate resources (i.e. financial, human, and other), it is important to select those change initiatives that bring most value to your organization and to get the expected outputs from these change initiatives as soon as possible into operational use.
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) provides the ability to build and manage the optimal portfolio for your organization and to deliver it most efficiently. Based on the strategic objectives of your organization, the existing portfolio, the load on running operations, the available resources and budgets, and risks, the different change initiatives are prioritized. Using management control, stakeholder engagement, organizational governance, and benefits, financial, risk, and resource management, the prioritized initiatives are delivering the expected benefits faster than ever before.
- For individuals:
- Ensure successful delivery in terms of time, quality, budget and benefits realization.
- Improve engagement and communication between senior management and staff.
- Offer more informed resource allocation, improved delivery and greater benefits realization going forward.
- Prioritize programmes and projects in terms of their contribution to your organization’s strategic objectives and overall level or risk.
- Provide a means for greater efficiency in the delivery of change initiatives via improved resource planning, dependency management and streamlined procedures.
- For organizations:
- Remove redundant, duplicate and poorly performing programmes and projects.
- Improve coordination of existing functions and processes.
- Ensure constrained resources are allocated to optimize strategic impact, coordinate delivery and maintain strategic alignment.
- Invest in programmes and projects in the context of the current environmental conditions and better coordinate investment in programmes and projects, improve the management of risk and encourage collaborative working.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and corporate goverance.
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you are responsible for prioritizing change initiatives, and you have to decide which projects/programmes are to be initiated or cancelled
- you are responsible to optimize resource allocation to change initiatives
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your decision makers with accurate and timely information about the current portfolio of changes
- you are a member of the management board, a director of change, a portfolio, programme, project or business change and benefits manager, business case writer or a project aprraiser
- you have a role in delivering strategic objectives
- For the Foundation exam a 50 question paper – multiple choice – is to be completed in 40 minutes. 25 Marks are required to pass, i.e. 50%. The exam is closed book. There are no pre-requisites to take the Foundation exam The MoP® Foundation certification does not expire.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- A professional trainer that is certified in the method and applies it in his day-to-day work – no theoretical approach, but practical hands-on
- The latest version of the handbook Management of Portfolios
- A binder including the training materials, a syllabus, and sample exams
- Day 1
- The MoP Foundation Syllabus and exam format
- Portfolio Management, an overview
- Implement, sustain and measure
- The strategic and organizational context
- Portfolio management principles
- The portfolio definition cycle: understand, categorize, prioritize, balance, and plan
- Day 2
- The portfolio delivery cycle: the main elements of
- Management control
- Benefits management
- Financial management
- Risk management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Organizational governance
- Resource management
- Roles and documentation
- Foundation exam
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
- There is no pre-course work for this training.
- There are no pre-requisites for attending this training.
- There is no homework although it is expected that delegates repeat the material covered during a training day so that relevant questions can be asked at the beginning of the next day to ensure maximum benefits of each training day.
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.