FOUNDATION / PRACTITIONER
In order to most efficiently and effectively use the available corporate resources (i.e. financial, human, and other), it is important to select those change initiatives that bring most value to your organization and to get the expected outputs from these change initiatives as soon as possible into operational use.
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) provides the ability to build and manage the optimal portfolio for your organization and to deliver it most efficiently. Based on the strategic objectives of your organization, the existing portfolio, the load on running operations, the available resources and budgets, and risks, the different change initiatives are prioritized. Using management control, stakeholder engagement, organizational governance, and benefits, financial, risk, and resource management, the prioritized initiatives are delivering the expected benefits faster than ever before.
- Ensure successful delivery in terms of time, quality, budget and benefits realization.
- Improve engagement and communication between senior management and staff.
- Offer more informed resource allocation, improved delivery and greater benefits realization going forward.
- Prioritize programmes and projects in terms of their contribution to your organization’s strategic objectives and overall level or risk.
- Provide a means for greater efficiency in the delivery of change initiatives via improved resource planning, dependency management and streamlined procedures.
- Remove redundant, duplicate and poorly performing programmes and projects.
- Improve coordination of existing functions and processes.
- Ensure constrained resources are allocated to optimize strategic impact, coordinate delivery and maintain strategic alignment.
- Invest in programmes and projects in the context of the current environmental conditions and better coordinate investment in programmes and projects, improve the management of risk and encourage collaborative working.
- Enhance transparency, accountability and corporate goverance.
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you are responsible for prioritizing change initiatives, and you have to decide which projects/programmes are to be initiated or cancelled
- you are responsible to optimize resource allocation to change initiatives
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your decision makers with accurate and timely information about the current portfolio of changes
- you are a member of the management board, a director of change, a portfolio, programme, project or business change and benefits manager, business case writer or a project aprraiser
- you have a role in delivering strategic objectives
- 4 questions, each 20 marks – objective testing format
- 3 hours duration
- Pass mark – 50% – 40 marks out of 80 available
- Open book – only the official MoP Guide is allowed
Exam Scores : Pass mark: 40 out of 80, i.e. 50%
Exam Re-certification Requirements : 5 years
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Handbook MoP – latest version
- Binder including
- Printout of the slides
- Additional exercise information
- Sample Practitioner Exam
- Exam Candidate Guidance
- The structure of the practitioner exam
- Group discussions
- Sample Practitioner exam
- Q&A about the sample practitioner exam
- Practitioner exam
OTHER PRACTICAL INFORMATION
Pre-requisites for delegates
Have foundation level knowledge, and experience in project management is advised
Repeat the foundation level materials by scanning the MoP Official Guide and the foundation training slides.
No homework is required
Additional study time depends on the experience and learning capacity of the delegate. It is expected to repeat the material that has been covered during the day so that any questions can be asked in the beginning of the next day to ensure maximum benefit of each training day.
There are no exam pre-requisites to be eligible to take the examination.
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.