FOUNDATION / PRACTITIONER
More and more organizations have the need for structured project management. Only, a lot of methods and frameworks seem to over-emphasize on documentation, while others lack governance.
Agile Project Management provides the ability to deliver projects in organizations requiring standards, rigor and visibility needed in project management, while at the same time enabling the fast pace, change and empowerment provided by agile.
- Develop an advanced, practical level of knowledge and understanding of agile and the ability to apply relevant project management methods, leading to successful delivery with agile projects.
- Clarify and be able to tailor different management styles to the situation needed for successful agile projects compared to traditional projects.
- Actively promote trust and close co-operation between the business and developers and give the business/customer ongoing visibility into what is happening.
- Combine knowledge of more traditional management methodologies with agile to better adapt to a changing business environment.
- Improve time-to-market and increase project success rate while simultaneously accelerating results by encouraging stakeholder involvement, feedback and effective controls.
- Deliver change faster, at a lower cost and with lower risk by continually validating project milestones against business objectives.
- Complements and works with existing corporate processes such as PRINCE2®, quality and audit processes which improves rigor and visibility needed in project management, leading to a proven track record of successful delivery in a corporate environment.
- Simply adopt a tried and tested approach rather than developing and integrating a company-specific agile management process.
- Achieve better communication and control over projects and adapt project plans without disrupting the project budget, timescale and scope/
THE TRAINING IS FOR YOU IF
- you manage projects and want to be able to apply an agile approach
- you represent the business/customer/user in project and you want to maximize value for money
- you are a project office team member and coach and want to provide your project manager with agile support, techniques and approaches.
For the Practitioner exam a 4 question paper – objective testing format of scenario and question booklet – is to be completed in two hours. 30 Marks are required to pass out of 60 available, i.e. 50%. The exam is open book.
In order to be allowed to take the practitioner exam you need to have the AgilePM Foundation Certificate (or the DSDM Atern Foundation certificate or the DSDM Advanced Practitioner certificate).
The Agile PM Practitioner certification is valid for 5 years.
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- A professional trainer that is certified in the method and applies it in his day-to-day work – no theoretical approach, but practical hands-on
- The latest version of the handbook Agile Project Management
- A binder including the training materials, case studies and exercises, a syllabus, and sample exams
The entire program takes 3 full course days, including the foundation exam.
- Foundations exercise – selling Agile
- The game – Las Tours, ardent resistance centre of the Cathars
- Roles and responsibilities – the PM view
- Agile Project Management through the Lifecycle
- The effective use of the products
- Deliver on time – combining MoSCoW & timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – how and when
- Project planning throughout the lifecycle
- Quality – never compromise quality
- Risk management
- Tailoring the approach
- Practitioner Exam
- Some experience of working on projects is desirable.
- The foundation materials should be fresh in your mind
- There about an hour pre-course work for this training: reading the case context
- There is no homework although it is expected that delegates repeat the material covered during a training day so that relevant questions can be asked at the beginning of the next day to ensure maximum benefits of each training day.
Upcoming Agile PM events
15, 16 November 2018
Bluepoint Antwerp, Berchem
€ 1250 (excl. 21%VAT)
by Steven Deneir
25, 26, 27 September 2018
Elewijt Center - Elewijt
€ 1500 (excl. 21%VAT)
by Steven Deneir
WANT TO STAY TUNED?
Subscribe here to receive our articles about PPM.